ATDI SOFTWARE STORY
GOING FURTHER WITH EXPERIENCE.
SINCE 1988, ATDI IS THE LEADER IN RADIO NETWORK PLANNING & MODELLING, SPECTRUM MANAGEMENT AND OPTIMIZATION SOLUTIONS.
DISCOVER HOW MUCH HAS CHANGED…
1988 - HTZ IS THE FIRST COMMERCIAL RADIOPLANNING SOFTWARE
The name of HTZ come from HerTZ. The first commercial radio-planning software including coverage calculation, coverage analysis, interference calculation and point-to-point calculation on PC.
1989 - HTZ warfare
Communications Electronic Warfare features added in HTZ (radio planning and backbone, jamming efficiency and direction finding) for French Air-Force Electronic Warfare program in partnership with Safare Crouzet (now Thales Underwater Systems).
1990 - ICS IS BORN
ICS (IMAGE CARTOGRAPHY SYSTEM) is born, digital terrain and map builder including stereoscopic imagery auto-correlator, DTM generation from level curves, Geocoding and matrix operations. A lot of digital terrain models will be built during Iraq war using ICS and HTZ will be used for long range signal broadcasting and microwave-links planning.
Automated Frequency Assignment engine in HTZ.
1991 - CREATION OF ATDI
- ICS is migrated to Windows. HTZ is proposed in two versions, HTZ simulation for telecom market and HTZ warfare for military market. ICS is now branded: ICS map server.
- First Spectrum Management System: ICS manager compatible with Oracle database.
- ICS map server can produce High Resolution digital terrains (HR maps). Paris at 4 m resolution and Nice at 2 m resolution are available including heights of buildings, Spot imagery and clutter classes (vegetation, hydro, streets…).
- HTZ includes first ducting model based on measurements performed in Aden (VHF and UHF wave propagation from Djibouti). Network features are integrated in HTZ.
1992 - FIRST INTEGRATED SPECTRUM MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
First integrated Spectrum Management System including ICS manager, for spectrum database management, licensing and monitoring, and HTZ for spectrum engineering and radio-planning in partnership with Thomson-RGS (now Thales Communications). Presentation at ITU and publication in the ITU Spectrum Management and Monitoring Handbook.
1993 - ICS MANAGER AND HTZ ARE CHOSEN BY TADIRAN
ICS manager and HTZ are chosen by Tadiran for their Spectrum Management and Monitoring solution (Iris). New data structure for ICS manager compatible with regulatory authority licensing procedures.
1994 - HTZ IS MIGRATED TO WINDOWS. A LITE VERSION OF HTZ IS LAUNCHED: HerTZ mapper
Jacques Deygout joins ATDI (1993) to integrate his new diffraction model (Deygout 94) into HTZ. This model is no longer limited to 3 obstacles (now unlimited), and works whatever the DTM resolution thanks to a slope comparison engine. Furthermore, this model splits NLOS and Subpath in two terms for diffraction attenuation computation (possibility to choose between subpath models to speed up calculation time according to the quality of terrain data). Correlations between measurement data and predictions are made intensively in VHF, UHF and SHF to validate Deygout 94 model.
1995 - HTZ simulation becomes ICS telecom
1997 – 2019
- Monte-Carlo features available for Satellite, fixed and mobile communications,
- Real-Time Geocoding.
- Concept of Prospective planning based on “Subscriber” database (distribution target): automatic planning,
- Map tiling: real-time map geocoding and Quad-tree,
- Broadband wireless access (3.6 GHz, 26 GHz, 40 GHz),
- Gap filler automatic planning,
- Online maps (WMS/WMTS)
- Mesh networks,
- New compressed coverage data format,
- Frequency assignment for frequency hopping systems,
- Passive reflector interference,
- On the Move features. Dynamic networks,
- Border coordination,
- Smart antennas,
- Indoor/Outdoor modeling,
- Advanced coverage calculation (multimaps / multi-resolutions),
- HTZ supports wind turbines,
- New HF module (ITU-R P533 / ITS),
- HTZ software support multiple languages (translation parser),
- Real time analysis (MFN/SFN),
- Support for WMS/WMTS online maps (Google, Bing, OSM, Nasa and national geoportals) including real-time geocoding,
- Full 3D propagation model (X,Y,Z,E),
- 64 bits versions ANSI and Unicode,
- HTZ for education: Special packages for students and military academia,
- Clutter and Building map builders,
- White-Space platform released,
- Border builder,
- OGC support,
- Lidar support,
- Massive processing,
- Mesh network Prospective planning,
- Dynamic beamforming, Massive MIMO,
- Geolocation and hybrid radio-localization,
- Multi-technologies prospective planning,
- Machine learning,
- LOD2 support.
- TSB-88 Area reliability.
- Site cost optimization.
- Map Download Manager.
2019 - ICS telecom EV becomes HTZ communications
ATDI successfully deliver the Minewarfare system network design for French Navy (Brest) in partership with Thales UWS